Advertise with Us
Readers of Senior News 50 and Better represent a highly targeted niche for local advertisers. Active and older seniors make up 75% of our readers, with the balance comprised of adults age 45 to 54.
What makes SN50 a powerful advertising vehicle?
Surveys have shown that:
- 86% read SN50 cover to cover
- 89% read the ads on a regular basis
- 84% keep and refer to each issue for one month or more
- 71% frequently purchase products and services advertised in SN50
Maximize your ad dollars by reaching your market.
Our controlled circulation guarantees each issue reaches people who need and want your products.
Consider these facts about our readers:
- Mature adults read newspapers more than any other age group
- They have 50% of America's discretionary income
- They dine out twice as often as those under 36
- They spend more on travel and recreation than any other age group
- They purchase 43% of all new domestic cars, 48% of all luxury cars, and 50% of all RVs
- They spend more on health and personal care products than any other age group
- They spend more per capita in the grocery store than any other age group
- They spend more on quality children's clothing for their grandchildren than the children's parents do
- They account for 40% of total consumer demand
Senior News 50 and Better is distributed via paid mail subscriptions, by request to organizations that serve seniors, and verified high traffic areas for active 50+ adults. We currently have over 2,000 distribution locations, including our corporate distribution sponsors like Sears and Miracle-Ear hearing centers.
Each month, we publish 12 regional editions of Senior News 50 and Better, each featuring news and advertising specific to the region. Total readership is 147,000, with regional breakdown as follows:Cook North • 32,000
Cook South • 31,500
Cook West • 22,000
DuPage • 25,000
Kane • 10,000
Lake • 7,000
McHenry • 4,000
Northshore • 11,500
Will • 4,000
Rockford • 12,000
DeKalb • 4,000
Freeport • 4,000>br?
What Advertisers Say About Senior News 50 and Better!
We have tried many types of media over the years including radio, TV, direct mail and even other newspapers. The only tried and true venue we have come to rely on is your Senior News. The reputation you have earned in the Chicagoland area is a plus, also. We love it when we hear from our travelers, "We saw it in the Senior News!"
Sandi Pufahl/Fancy Free Holidays
The Senior News has allowed us to reach our target market efficiently and our customer database has increased significantly. People are always telling us "we saw you in the Senior News". Our residents enjoy reading your paper!
Renee Wolf/The Inn at Willow Falls
After more than 10 years advertising in Senior News, I just wanted to relay that requests for our tour catalogs continue to be steady and frequent. I have found that keeping our ad in for every issue and using the same design has been very effective for company recognition. In addition to the individual travelers, we have many planners, travel agents and senior center activity coordinators respond to our ads.
Pete Shumway/Mid-America Tours, Inc.
Call us today at 847-931-0234 to discuss your specific needs and learn how Senior News 50 and Better can help you reach your goals.